Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Look Up Stories

As Steve Jobs says, “It's not the tools that you have faith in - tools are just tools. They work, or they don't work. It's people you have faith in or not. Yeah, sure, I'm still optimistic I mean, I get pessimistic sometimes but not for long.” This is the very important thing we should learn if we want to be optimistic in our life.

Here I wanna share one incident of my life that incident change me inside out and change my perspective to look at the life and also grow me as a better person. I was a doing my masters in social work and for one project I have to visit Burn Section of one of the renowned Multi-specialty Hospital. It was a group project, so one of my fellow batch met accompany me. I was already in trauma how I will do this, visit the patient and ask them to share their experience.

We went there and take proper permission from authority. They allowed us to talk to the patient relative. Me and my friend standing outside the burn section room, it was so heartbreaking to see the patients. I must say they are an epitome of bravery. They put you to shame. I just remembered an hour back's time as I stood there still. I was at home then, cribbing to mom for not having enough clothes to wear! I hung my head in shame.

I talk with one family, Wife was 35% burn with LPG cylinder blast, and she was mother of 2 little kids. Elder is seven and younger one is three. Father is in shock, he don’t understand how to react the situation, but I can clearly see kids are braver than a father. Doctor says wife has to go with different surgery to get back to normal life. 

I remember how I throw the tantrums to my love once even after being self-sufficient, we crib.  On the other hand, a patient struggling and facing harsh and painful treatments and enters the treatment room with a smile - not fearing the huge machine, dose, nothing.  The family also suffer the same pain like patients. Hats off to those small kids, who strongly stood beside their father. I spend around two hour there, I never see them crying and not even found them nervous on the contrary they boost their father and mother. There were so many patients who struggled with their pain. Everyone has their own stories. That moment filled me with so much optimism and a gush of energy about being alive and healthy. A true #lookup story.

Also, don't force optimism around yourself, you're no cheerleader. Be happy within and see the magic lotion called 'optimism' do wonders!



This post is for Happy Indi contest in association with https://housing.com/lookup 

No comments:

Post a Comment